Monday, January 16, 2012

Finally Home From Hospital With New Baby

The long awaited arrival is finally here.  She was born very quickly after the doctor broke my water...less than one and half hours.  I am very grateful for short labors.  She was my largest baby so far at 8 pounds 5 ounces.  She and I are both doing very well.

I had forgotten how hard the first night at home is.  Everything goes so well when there is always a nurse around to help.  Taking care of a newborn is hard enough; breastfeeding a newborn is even more challenging.  It does get easier with each child since I am more experienced, but there is always a learning curve with each new baby.

One more week with my wonderful husband at home.  He learns more and gains more at home responsibilities with each baby.  He is a great help.  I wonder how long it will take for the kids and I to get into a good routine after Traves goes back to work.  Once that is figured out, it will ne time to figure out how to git some regular exercise onto my daily routine to get in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment